Ukraine Loses Over 400 Military in Donetsk, Zaporozhye Directions
© Sputnik / Dmitry Makeyev Russian servicemen are seen near the Grad multiple launch rocket system in Ukraine. File photo
© Sputnik / Dmitry Makeyev/
The Russian Defense Ministry said on Friday that two Ukrainian attacks had been repelled in the Zaporozhye direction near the Rabotino settlement.
The Ukrainian military lost over 400 soldiers in the Donetsk and Zaporozhye directions in the past 24 hours, the Russian Defense Ministry said on Friday, adding that six enemy attacks have been repelled in these areas.
“The enemy lost up to 275 military personnel [in the Donetsk direction], four armored combat vehicles, four vehicles, three US-made M777 artillery systems, as well as the Gvozdika self-propelled artillery mount,” the ministry said in a statement, specifying that four attacks have been repelled in this area.
“More than 145 Ukrainian military personnel and three vehicles were destroyed,” the ministry added.
Moreover, the Russian troops have repelled two attacks in the Krasnyi Lyman direction in the past 24 hours.
“In the South Donetsk direction, units of [Russia’s] Vostok grouping of troops repelled an attack by the Ukrainian armed forces in the area of the settlement of Novomaiorske in the Donetsk People’s Republic … Enemy losses in this direction amounted to more than 175 Ukrainian military personnel, two armored combat vehicles, four cars, two D-30 howitzers, and one D-20 gun,” the ministry said.