World News
Get all the latest news from India's closest neighbors overseas before it gets cold.

NATO Chief Backs Trump's Plan for 5,000 Additional US Troops in Poland

© AP Photo / Geert Vanden WijngaertPresident Donald Trump, center, speaks with NATO Secretary General Mark Rutte, left, during a group photo of NATO heads of state and government at the NATO summit in The Hague, Netherlands, Wednesday, June 25, 2025.
President Donald Trump, center, speaks with NATO Secretary General Mark Rutte, left, during a group photo of NATO heads of state and government at the NATO summit in The Hague, Netherlands, Wednesday, June 25, 2025. - Sputnik India, 1920, 22.05.2026
Subscribe
MOSCOW, May 22 (Sputnik) - NATO Secretary General Mark Rutte on Friday welcomed US President Donald Trump’s announcement on deploying 5,000 American troops to Poland.
On Thursday, Trump said that the United States would send an additional 5,000 American troops to Poland.
"Of course, I very much welcome the announcement yesterday," Rutte told reporters ahead of a meeting of NATO foreign ministers in Sweden.
He added that all operational details of the deployment are being handled by the military.
Earlier in May, the Defense News portal reported that the US army canceled the deployment of a unit, which includes more than 4,000 troops and related equipment, to Poland.
Newsfeed
0
To participate in the discussion
log in or register
loader
Chats
Заголовок открываемого материала