World News
Get all the latest news from India's closest neighbors overseas before it gets cold.

US Supreme Court Blocks Trump’s Global Tariffs; President Calls Ruling a 'Disgrace'

© AP Photo / Evan VucciPresident Donald Trump speaks with reporters before boarding Marine One on South Lawn of the White House, Tuesday, Jan. 27, 2026, in Washington
President Donald Trump speaks with reporters before boarding Marine One on South Lawn of the White House, Tuesday, Jan. 27, 2026, in Washington - Sputnik India, 1920, 20.02.2026
Subscribe
US President Donald Trump on Friday called the recent Supreme Court ruling against his global tariffs a "disgrace" and said he has a backup plan in mind, CNN reported, citing people familiar with the remarks.
The comments were made during a working breakfast with US governors.
Earlier in the day, the US Supreme Court ruled 6-3 that Trump is not authorized to impose global tariffs.
"Fulfilling that role, we hold that IEEPA [International Emergency Economic Powers Act] does not authorize the President to impose tariffs," the court's opinion published on Friday said.
President Donald Trump holds a signed executive order during an event to announce new tariffs in the Rose Garden of the White House, Wednesday, April 2, 2025, in Washington - Sputnik India, 1920, 10.07.2025
World News
Trump Announces New Tariffs on Seven Countries Including Sri Lanka
Newsfeed
0
To participate in the discussion
log in or register
loader
Chats
Заголовок открываемого материала